Transfer Unwanted OS ... was New Coaster!

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 May 2003 22:24:50 -0700

Indeed!  I just bought a new Compaq Presario ($320 for a XP 2000+!) that
came with Windows XP installed... but NO CDs.  They recommend creating a
disk recovery image if you have a CD-RW (not in that computer,
unfortunately) and if you don't, you are out of luck.  That pretty much
explains why the computer was so cheap.

[No, I won't be installing Linux on it.. it's my daughters computer and her
games won't work under wine or crossover (yes, I checked) and I really
don't feel like setting up VMWare on that system]