Transfer Unwanted OS ... was New Coaster!

George Gambill plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 May 2003 16:05:21 -0700

Just a thought.  Aren't you allowed to transfer (sell) the license as long
as you transfer all that came with it as in CD, books etc.?

----- Original Message -----
Message: 13
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:17:19 -0700
From: Lee Einer <appealsman@cox.net>
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: New Coaster!

On that note, I just purchased (tonight) a new laptop. Only problem is,
it comes with XP. I asked if I could get another rebate if I got it
without the stinky OS, but they thought I was kidding. So now I have to
ask- is the Microsoft CD that comes with it a coaster, or can I get a
rebate from MS for the OS which I will never use?

Lee Einer