Is there anything even remotely as fast as terminal services for linux ?

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 8 May 2003 06:57:02 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Bryce C on 5/7/2003 18:30 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 00:33, Entelin wrote:
\_ > Is there anything even remotely as fast as terminal services for linux ?
\_ >
\_ > I know of VNC and its variations but its too slow by far. Don't we have
\_ > anything as fast?
\_
\_ I read in a thread here (or elsewhere maybe) a couple months back about
\_ compressed X clients.

Even uncompressed clients can be reasonably fast if you have a decent
network between the client machine and the xserver.  It depends on
what you're shipping across the network, really.

Ah for the old days when lack of security on X was more fun:

while (1)
  xsetroot -display friendsbox:0 -solid white
  xsetroot -display friendsbox:0 -solid black

David