Hard Drives on longer than 8 hours

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 07 May 2003 19:28:37 -0700

Don Calfa wrote:
> =

> Found this to be troublesome.
> =

> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=3D2789
> =

> Can't find any more info about other drives failing.  Anybody know this=

> to be true for other brands?
> =

Reminds me of a conversation I had with Microsoft.  I discovered a
serious flaw in one of their development products, and called the tech
support line.  The Microsoft Representative (to use the article's style)
said after I compile, to exit the IDE, run the program, then restart the
IDE to make any edits (effectively making the IDE an editor only).  If I
wanted to do that, I would use the command line, not an IDE.

Obviously, that representative didn't know what he was talking about.

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!