Help w/ SuSe 8.0 config cdrom

Bart Garst plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 6 May 2003 16:44:53 -0700

Are we talking 2 drives or three?

Did you try indicating the file system type when mounting the CD? DVD?

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

This won't solve your problem with the burner though.

Bart

Anybody know how to resolve this?
I've tried over and over to get suse to config my cdrom, burner and dvd and
all I got was the following msg.
<-- Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file systems
(could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)-->

I tried mounting it as a scsi (man mount) but have had no luck.
I get this error <--Could not mount device. The reported error was:mount:
/dev/sda (tried sda, sr0, hdc etc.) is not a valid block device--> when
trying to access my cdrom, burner and dvd player.
Is there a special way that SuSe wants these devices mounted?
What am I doing wrong or not doing?
Any help anybody can provide is greatly appreciated.
--
Augie Grayfox
grayfox78 at cox dot net

"When things go wrong, don't go with them"  Anonymous