Hewlet Packard ZE4145 laptop

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 6 May 2003 14:07:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Gary Nichols wrote:
> OSX -> X11 -> X11 app
> Linux -> X11 -> X11 app

I belive that it goes something more like this:

BSD -> OS X -> X11 -> X11 app
Linux -> X11 -> X11 app

But I guess I look more at things like: Where are my menus?  All of the
mac apps put them up top, but the X11 apps don't.  This means that they
aren't on the same level as the native apps.  Same with things like
dialogs.  In Mac OS X land they are all those little transparent 'sheets',
but the X11 dialogs aren't treated the same way.

I would say that the X11 apps are easy to run, and it isn't a big deal,
but I would not say that they are part of Mac OS X.

I think most of this probably comes down to semantics.

		Have fun,
			Ted