Hewlet Packard ZE4145 laptop

Gary Nichols plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 May 2003 21:28:41 -0700

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 09:18 PM, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> My impression is that you need 256 meg o ram or else osx would be
> painful.

True - entirely up to user perception.  I thought OSX was just dandy on
a G4/500-128MB of RAM... but compared to it running on my 2x1Ghz
Powermac, it's noticeably slower.

> Still the guy was askinga about refurbed laptops (something I would
> not be likely to buy without a nice warrenty) so I am guessing that
> $$$ are a factor.

I was going to recommend that he keep an eye on the online Apple
store's refurbished section, because iBooks pop up there from time to
time... as low as $799!

Don't get me wrong... I ran linux on i386 gear just like the next guy -
until OSX came out.  It's the best of both worlds, sexy, and there's an
Apple store really close. :-)
I love compiling open source code on my mac (fink) and using the same
apps I used under linux.

And the best part... there are ->zero<- windows boxen in my house.

Yes, finally free.