sshd basics

eric plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 May 2003 16:30:06 -0700

Ok, the -v switch seemed to move the ball forward.  Maybe this will help
some:

with sshd on port 22 or 2200, this is what happens:

knoppix@tty0[knoppix] ssh -v root@192.168.0.94
OpenSSH_3.4_p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-4, SSH protocols 1.5.2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090607f
debub1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 37: Deprecated option "FallBackToRsh"
debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 38: Deprecated option "UseRsh"
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 192.168.0.94 [192.168.0.94] port 22
debug1: connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/knoppix.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/knoppix.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/knoppix.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x8063a9c (0x0)