How do you take Linux off of a hard drive?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 5 May 2003 18:08:29 -0700 (GMT)

OK, I am now confused.  I thought that the drive you wanted to wipe clean was the SCSI drive.  What I am seeing is this:

hda1, hda2, hda5 are all partitions on the Master IDE drive on the Primary IDE bus.

sda1 is the first partition on the "first" drive on the SCSI bus.

So, what is it exactly that you want to do?  What will the desired end result look like?

Please fill in:

If you want to make a file system on hda5, do this command:
mkfs -t vfat -c /dev/hda5
to make a fat32 filesystem in that partition.

If I misunderstand what you want, please fill in the table above.

Alan