Stuff for free

Eric Richardson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 05 May 2003 14:34:43 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking for 2 or 3 old floppy drives. They don't have to work.

I also have the following things if somebody would like them.

Circa 1995 Silentwriter 95 300dpi laser printer.
It's on the last of its toner and I took it to the recharge place in
Mesa and they said the drive mechanism doesn't work well enough to turn
a new cartridge. It uses a standard SP101 toner. The printer still works
fine and I believe that if the drive was taken apart, cleaned, and
lubricated it might have enough life to justify a new toner. The printer
has parallel, serial, and appletalk ports and it can be connected to a
10base-t network via a Dayna mini etherprint bridge unit. I used this
method to support a Mac and Linux via PAP(Printer Access Protocol) that
comes with the Netatalk distribution.

If somebody wants the printer and somebody else wants the ethernet to
appletalk bridge that is fine also. The bridge will work with any
appletalk printer to put it on the network.

I also have an 8mb PC100 SDRAM DIMM memory module for use in HP
printers. The HP part number is C7842A and they sell it for $87 but you
can find it much cheaper elsewhere. For applications.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0167593824.1052169801@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadcifefimlgcfngcfkmdfondfgm.0&product_code=C7842A&cat_level=3&browse_link=true
<http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0167593824.1052169801@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciadcifefimlgcfngcfkmdfondfgm.0&product_code=C7842A&cat_level=3&browse_link=true>
I'd like the person that takes the memory to actually have one of the
supported HP printers.

Thanks,
Eric