How do you take Linux off of a hard drive?

Alan Dayley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 03 May 2003 20:59:57 -0700

Michael Havens wrote:

>I am like so tripping! According to knoppix I have 3 hda drives (the first
>being used by windows) and the scsi is in use by windows. This is like so
>weird!

What SCSI adapter do you have?

When you are booting the computer, the SCSI adapter should display it's
BIOS boot message.  Pressing some key combination at that moment, like
Ctl-C or Ctl-A should bring up the SCSI BIOS utility program.  At that
point you have not even booted an OS.  Somewhere in that SCSI BIOS
program is usually a SCSI or low-level format option to format the hard
drive at the SCSI level, not with a file system.  It will wipe the drive
completely clean.

Tell me what adapter you have and I might be able to be more specific.

Alan