X sync rate

Robert Ambrose plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 2 May 2003 17:02:28 -0700 (MST)

Put a Modeline into the Monitor section of /etc/X11/XF86Config(-4) (or
whatever and wherever your X configuration resides).

A Q&D method I've used to get Modelines is to do a strings on
Xconfigurator and search for the Modeline I want:

strings /usr/bin/X11/Xconfigurator | less

Do a search on Modeline and voila! Modeline heaven.  You even get the
comments for the resolution, etc.

Another useful utility is xvidtune for small tweaks.

rna