CDR and RedCrap 8

Michael Vanecek plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:46:30 -0600

Mine's an "after-the-fact" install. If I have to reinstall RH to get it
to work, I might as well put Microcrap on it. As far as RH is concerned,
it's a regular CD - regardless of the work I do to convince it
otherwise. And RH in their infinite wisdom has by the act of releasing
version 8 made all existing howto's trash - effectively wasting as much
time as Microsoft wastes, and since I trash the crap Microsoft produces,
it only goes to logic to trash RH's idiotic "it knows best" crap since
it's falling into the same boat as Microsoft. Making things "easy" only
goes so far. I'm not trying to plug in a hyperdrive spanner - but a
common everyday CDR that exists in virtually every other computer, yet
RH sees fit to take all my jumping through loops for this or that howto
and laughing at me. No apologies - their CDR setup is garbage.

Mike