CDR and RedCrap 8

Michael Vanecek plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:15:14 -0600

Has anyone had to deal with the hell of trying to get a CDR working on
RH8? Any pointers to a suitable method of suicide? It continuously
undoes everything I do, bypasses my symlinks and creates new driver
references, undos my fstab entries and all in all craps on me. I'm using
a stock install and as a second CDrom drive I put in a CR-4804TE - and
I'm beginning to feel like I'm working on a Microshaft box. Since when
did Redscrew think it knew what I wanted?

The idea of having to reinstall Redscrew all over again is making me
rethink Linux...

Peeved,
Mike