Small but nagging problem

Bart Garst plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
30 Mar 2003 13:19:57 -0700

A couple things aren't adding up for me. Earlier you stated that BOTH
drives have the cable from the back to the sound card. How are you
accomplishing this? My sound card has only 1 "CD AUDIO" in plug.

You also stated that both drive play audio CDs in Windows. This doesn't
mean much. I have a similar setup (RedHat 8.0, DVD, CDRW). Under Linux I
can only play audio CDs from the drive with the cable connecting to the
sound card, under Windows I can play audio CDs through both.

Do you by chance have 2 sound cards installed?

And one last note. Your output from `aumix -q` gave "speaker 100, 0". So
does mine yet mine works so I don't think this is significant.

Bart