Small but nagging problem

Robert N. Eaton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 09:35:38 -0700

Bart Garst wrote:

>Are you getting any sound at all? Say, from audio files?
>
>Bart

Very good question.  I am getting the startup .wav and the shutdown .wav
and, if I had them activated, all the other KDE irritating sounds.
I just opened up OpenOffice sound gallery. When I try to play the .wav
file I get a nag screen:

    Coldn't open audio
    Please check that

    1.  You have the correct output plugin selected
    2.  No other program is blocking the sound card
    3.  Your sound card is configured properly

Now we're getting somewhere (I think).  The answer to 3 is _Yes_,
or, at least, so I imagine.  See above.

The answers to 1 and 2 are _I don't know_.  How do I find out???

Bob Eaton