apt-get in Mandrake

Rob Wultsch plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:27:24 -0700

The short: if I were to install a semi minimalist mandrake 9.1 could I
then install the apt-get utility?

The long: With the trobles (aside those in x... that will be anywhere) I
have been having I am wondering if I could install Mandrake 9.1 (with
the of so yummy built in wi-fi and laptop hibernation), strip out the
fat (no, I do not need 5 shells, 4 office suites, 3 browser, 2
webserver, and a partage in a pare tree), recompile a light kernel,
install apt-get and have one powerful OS...
Robert James Wultsch III
robert.wultsch@asu.edu
sheepsleep7 (AIM)
(480)951-3169 (Home)