New x11 problem

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:47:55 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Alexander Henry on 3/27/2003 13:41 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_
\_
\_ Robert.Wultsch@asu.edu wrote:
\_
\_ > OK I reconigured it... But now it starts x automaticly. As the frequencie stuff
\_ > has not been set one I can not see anything.
\_ >
\_ > How do I not enter X on startup, or quit out with just keystrokes?
\_ > ---------------------------------------------------
\_
\_ ctrl-alt-backspace to dump X and get to a prompt.

Depending on how X is set up, this will just trigger a reload of the X
engine.

\_ Else, reboot, and when LILO presents itself,

Bah.  Reboot indeed.

su -; telinit 3;

If needed edit /etc/inittab and change the line that says ':5:' to
':3:'.  Read the warnings in the file and probably the manpage.

David