perl regex

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:33:18 -0500

David is right, I probably should have included more accurate
data than my original message.

Here is a line:
TYPE: AL ADHC, SUBTYPE: ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE, ID: AL2905, LICENSE: ADHC-2838, NAME: MARY'S PLACE ADULT DAY CENTER, LEGALLY: MARY'S PLACE ADULT DAY CENTER, ADDRESS: 14601 DEL WEBB  BLVD, CITY: SUN CITY, STATE: AZ, ZIP: 85351, TELEPHONE: (623)584-4999, FAX: , CAPACITY: , COUNTY: MARICOPA

This data comes from ADHS and is available on their web site.
I am trying to take the file I have downloaded and dump this
info into a db.

I think I need a regex that splits each line on the 'comma' that
"is followed by a space followed by a word followed by a colon".
Maybe I am wrong.

I have also explored Text::ParseWords. If I could  find the regex
that does what I explained above to place into  quotewords() I might
be off & runnin.
Something like:
my @data = quotewords('(,)( \w:)', 0, $_);  # where I need $1

v/r