plot density on map

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:39:38 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Kevin Brown on 3/24/2003 19:05 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ Mike Starke wrote:
\_ > I am wondering if anyone can direct me to either
\_ > some software or a web site that functions much
\_ > like http://maps.yahoo.com
\_ >
\_ > I would like to query my database for the address and zip,
\_ > and have it plot a 'dot' on a valley map (or map for any city)
\_ > for each entry.
\_
\_ Only programs that I can think of that do this are commercial products (not
\_ F/OS).  Some of the data they use is free from the Census bureau (Tiger data in
\_ the US), but only covers the US and just shows how streets interconnect, don't
\_ think is shows gps data.

One of the map services used to provide long/lat.  Pin down the
corners of your map and do linear interpolation.

YMMV.

David