Boot Up Freezing on MySQL Startup FIXED, but safe_mysqld freezes during manual start now

Joel W. Leibow plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:19:41 -0700

Thanks for your advice in fixing my boot up.  That problem is solved now.
However, when I attempt to start the safe_mysqld manually it freezes now.  I
can go in and kill the process and then mysql is running fine.  What is the
freeze up problem?  If I just execute the start command in the background
will I be alright?  You guys are all an awesome resource of information.
Your help for this particular newbie is appreciated.  Much gratitude.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel W. Leibow [mailto:jleibow@pro-websolutions.com]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 3:07 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Boot Up Freezing on MySQL Startup

I recently installed MySQL and added the line below to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local
file so that it starts on each reboot.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld

Each time I attempt to reboot my system the boot up sequence freezes when it
hits that line.  Since my machine wont even boot I am not certain on how to
go about fixing the problem.  Could someone please help me out with
resolving the problem and let me know how to go about fixing this?  I would
appreciate it very much.

Joel Leibow
Internet Systems Developer
Pro-Web Solutions