West side meeting.

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:07:43 -0500

I'm sorry about having to ask this but I have two questions:
1- How do you check the bios----- Wait=2E I KNOW how to do that! But what po=
rts do
   I need to verify are enabled?
2- Upon reboot you want me to type 'dmesg | grep tty'? You say to look at the=

   output and see if "are looking at something a bit higher (/dev/ttyS1-5 ?)=
=2E" I
   think that it is supposed to be ttyS0 but I have to make sure before I run=

   home=2E
:-)Mike(-:

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Starke
Sent: 3/24/2003 1:16:19 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists=2Eplug=2Ephoenix=2Eaz=2Eus

Subject: Re: Re: West side meeting=2E
I would do 2 things:

1=2E Make sure the bios has the ports enabled=2E

2=2E upon reboot: 'dmesg | grep tty' Look thru the output of that
   and maybe you are looking at something a bit higher (/dev/ttyS1-5 ?)

If either of these do not work, go get a external modem and never worry
about these issues again=2E :-) I have always found the external modems
to just plain work=2E

-Mike