802.11b vs 802.11g

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:34:55 -0500

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 03:29:51PM -0700, Scott Brenden wrote:
/_
/_have you received an answer to your question? i have the same question.
/_thanks.
/_
/_
/_802.11b vs 802.11g
/_

Yes, I did. The bottom line was/is quite simple: I could not justify
the added cost for a "g" system when "b" would suffice. The standard
'joe' user does email & web, the bandwidth choke was/is not in the
wireless network, but in the pipe going out the backdoor. If I purchased
my vehicles on how 'fast' they could go I would certainly own
differantly than I do: How often would I get the chance to do 150 mph
on my ride to Albertsons? I will purchase a faster ride when the roads
are in place, not prior.

v/r
-Mike