802.11b vs 802.11g

BoBB plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:19:45 -0700

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 08:43:20PM -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
> 2) 802.11g is capable of 55Mbps versus 11Mbps for 11b and is backwards
> compatible to 11b.

>From what I have read its "capable" of 55mbps but average performance is
the same as 802.11b, mainly because the spec on 802.11g is not completed
yet and so the hardware is not full spec. You'll probably get extra
speed out of 802.11g but not very much, and you will most likely end up
wanting to upgrade the hardware either way because I think 802.11g will
end up becoming the standard, as fast as 802.11a and backwards
compatible etc etc ... again this is just what i've heard or read, could
be wrong.

--
/*  BoBB
 *  AIM: Jodokast49 ICQ: 151495596