Slackware presentation for April

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:39:50 -0700

Quoting James Mabry <jamabryl@student.gc.maricopa.edu>:

> Dennis Kibbe wrote:
> >
> > Since 9.0 is out and April will mark Slackware's 10th Anniversary, I
> thought I'd
> > offer to do a presentation on this venerable distro for the next PLUG
> meeting.
> >
> > Any interest?
> >
> > Dennis Kibbe
> >
> I would love to see a presentation on Slackware Dennis :). What are some
> of the things that you would be talking about? Personally I would like
> to see some information on package management, specifically how you use
> makepkg (I have never felt comfortable that I'm making slackware
> packages in the most efficient manner).
>
> --
> Slackware Linux -
> Find out about the 4S rule.
> www.slackware-advocacy.org/whyuse.html
>
> Then try it out for yourself.
> www.slackware.org

My thoughts are to give an introduction to the distro, hit some of the high
points of the install process and go into some of the post install
configuration. I might cover license issue since not all the packages are GPLed.

I'm rather new to Slackware so haven't worked with the package management system
yet. Maybe I will have by then.

Dennis