Linux at ASU Conference?

Carl Parrish plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
13 Mar 2003 11:23:50 -0700

Anyone know of a good Jabber client for Linux? I use the mozilla plugin
but its not exactly made for newbie users in mind. I've tried installing
three different clients now and *none* of them are trivial. grabber on a
RH 8.0 box has about 6 dependencies. Which client is worth the trouble
it's going to take to install? I've got a jabber server running on one
of my boxes behind my firewall and I want my team to start using it
instead of ICQ for secure transfers. My designers are on Windows And as
far as I know they haven't had any problems running jabber clients. Like
I said I'm using the mozilla client. But I need some suggestions on a
good linux one.