Off-Shore Engineering

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:29:18 -0500

Peter Buechler wrote:
> =

> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 05:25 pm, David Mandala wrote:
> > Since their quality can be outstanding that is going to be hard.
> > American Express is now more then 75% sourced in India where they hav=
> > PhD programmers getting and happy with $7 per hour.
> >
> =

> This is true. But their overhead that brings them up to $20/hour. Then =
if we
> specialize in things that are best done face to face, we could charge
> somewhat more than that. Perhaps we could write specifications and test=
s,
> then ship the implementation off to India.
> =

> Or maybe I should go to law school :-(

One of my friends is from India.  He worked for IBM and made $1000/month
($12K/yr - $6/hr) as a junior- to mid-level coder.  IBM charged $30K/yr
for his services ($15/hr).

Maybe the answer is become the middleman in the offshoring effort. =

Hmmm... get $30K, pay $12K, keep $18K - Cool!!!

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!