Off-Shore Engineering

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 00:25:07 -0500

Jim wrote:
> =

> On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 17:04, David Mandala wrote:
> > I can't and won't compete with $7 per hour which is what some oversea=
> > programmers are getting (and they are happy with it). I don't think
> > their rates are going to come up much in the near future so I don't
> > think it is going to level out.
> >
> > That said there are lots of small business that can't go of shore, I
> > plan on working with them when possible.
> >
> =

> An old, but still valid, axiom in the business world states that if you=

> can't compete on price, compete on quality.

Beta video format, Amiga Computer, Digital Audio Tape, OS/2, SPARC and
MiniDisc are 6 superior products that lost out to price (and/or bad
marketing).  I dunno about that axiom . . .

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!