Off-Shore Engineering

Ed Skinner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:31:20 -0700

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 19:33, Peter Buechler wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2003 06:11 pm, Jim wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 18:07, Peter Buechler wrote:
> > > Or maybe I should go to law school :-(
> >
> > Yeah - thats what the world needs - more sharks!
>
> The great thing about lawyers is that the more there are, the more that are
> needed to counter those! It will just keep building up and up until finally
> society collapses from the burden of supporting all those non-productive
> people. But hey, since society is going to collapse any way, you might as
> well take advantage by being a lawyer until then...

     One of the reasons there are more and more lawyers is because "the law"
is getting bigger and bigger. Well, the overall body of Open Source is also
getting bigger and bigger.
     Seriously: might the same thing happen with the number of software
engineers?
     Half-serious suggestion: Obfuscate or die!

--
Ed Skinner, ed@flat5.net, http://www.flat5.net/