Gateway?

Tom Achtenberg plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:31:00 -0700

How would you go about doing that?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Mandala [mailto:davidm@them.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 2:28 PM
To: Plug
Subject: Re: Gateway?

I believe that e-smith uses ip-chains or ip-tables for their firewall.
Just setup some rules to disallow the ipaddresses of the the
workstations in question to connect to the firewall.

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 14:15, Tom Achtenberg wrote:
> I'm looking for either a plug in for my e-smith server/gateway or a new server/gateway where I can restrict workstations from internet access based on either ip address or login.  Anyone know of such a system?  I need to be able to do content filtering too.  Right now I have squidguard installed for that purpose.
>
> Tom Achtenberg
> SQL Programmer, Information Technologies
> Food for the Hungry / US
> (480) 609-7750 (voice)
> (480) 443-1420 (fax)
> TomA@fh.org

David IS Mandala
gpg fingerprint 8932 E7EF CCF5 1B8C 1B5C A92E C678 795E 45B2 D952
Phoenix, AZ (480) 460-7545 HP, (602) 741-1363 CP
http://www.them.com/~davidm/