SCO

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:37:45 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Mar, 2003 schw=E4tzte Jeremy C. Reed so:

> I guess the distinction is not whether it is really commercial or not, bu=
> if an end-product became entirely proprietary. Any examples?

A couple of switch vendors, e.g. Juniper, use *BSD as their base with
proprietary drivers for their hardware. There's also OS X. There have been
at least a few embedded products that were based on proprietary *BSD
releases. Probably most of them died in the last couple of years.

> Anyways, where is the detailed list of technologies (intellectual
> property) that was used?
>
> I would like to compare with the old 4.4BSD-Lite which I still look at.

Are the *BSD systems subject to the same claims?

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Freedom isn't everything, but without freedom you have nothing. - der.ha=
ns