Worth while bash hack (makes history even more valuable)

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:25:04 -0700 (MST)

Am 11. Mar, 2003 schw=E4tzte David Mandala so:

> # User specific aliases and functions
> alias rm=3D'rm -i'
> alias cp=3D'cp -i'
> alias mv=3D'mv -i'

If you must alias these, please alias them to rmi, cpi, and mvi or somethin=
like that. Getting people who aren't familiar with *NIX to think that rm
asks before rming things is a major disservice. Sure it's great if all they
ever know is Red Hat or Mandrake, but if they ever use a different dist or =
commercial *NIX they are going to hose themselves.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
#  I took the one less traveled by,
#  And that has made all the difference. -- Robert Frost
#  I, OTOH, prefer to just go stomping through the desert... - der.hans