Share a Trick?

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
10 Mar 2003 17:24:43 -0700

Yeah but you can default different attachments/signatures to each
account. So it is only the 'rule' terminology that Derek had wrong...the
concept is right.

As for Derek's earlier comment that some Linux MUA's will add v-cards to
emails, that is correct and I would suppose that a similar percentage of
Windows users adding a v-card to their e-mail would look like a far
greater number than the same percentage of Linux users doing it. I don't
see a v-card option for sending with e-mails on Evolution 1.08 (not
decrying the lack) but I would expect that Mozilla will if desired and
we know that Netscape will.

As for mime_defang or procmail_sanitizer (similar), I believe that both
by default will strip vcf's as the memory of exploitation efforts via
e-mail containing vcf enclosures is a memory that hasn't died yet. But
as a sysadmin, I try to give the users an expectation that this is going
to occur so when they ask why some of these things (like executables)
are blocked on their mail server, I can point them to my previous
announcement.

Craig