Share a Trick?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:42:37 -0700 (MST)

Craig White said:
> The first program that I saw that sent v-cards I think was Netscape. But
> since most Windows MUA's don't mind tossing in the kitchen sink when
> sending e-mails, Steve is using Outlook and enclosing v-cards with each

There are number of Unix email clients that allow this as well.  Best I
know no email program does this by default.  So I don't think the platform
nor the client can be to blame.

> message. The admin at Tom's mail server should at least inform people
> what he is filtering and why he is filtering it.

The sysadmin seems to have done an ok notification to me.  This paragraph
states that MIMEDefang removed some things it thought was in violation
(specifically it pointed out vCard was being filtered and the reason was
perceived security risk).  The link it gave had a nice FAQ that answered
most end user questions.