gnuplot question

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:50:23 -0500

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 09:29:28AM -0700, David A. Sinck wrote:
/_
/_Hopefully there are some gnuplot users out there to field this.
/_
/_[simple] Given a data file of 360 points, how do you plot a "circle"
/_of data points.
/_
/_[goal] Given a data file of N points per day over the course of a
/_week, how do you make it so that the graph has alignment so that each
/_day starts at 0 degrees?
/_
/_I know about set polar, but I'm not quite seeing how to step the
/_radial amount.
/_

Sounds like a trig. problem. Radius always = 1. Your angle changes
based on x & y. Perhaps something utilizing sin(x) = y/x ?

I'm low on bandwidth this AM, so that's 'bout all I can offer at
the moment.