running a job on the 2nd Sunday of each month?

Jeremy C. Reed plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:05:16 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Patrick Fleming EA wrote:

> > 0 4 8-14 * 0 /path/to/script <any parameters that may be needed>
>
> This is actually what I was going to write originally. But, according to
> man crontab this will run on the 8th through the 14th *and* every Sunday
> which is why I wrote date checking as the beginning of the script. I have
> not run this schedule myself so I am trusting the man pages to be right.

The man page is right (at least for Vixie Cron).

I have used cron as my alarm clock for several years.
One day, the alarm (ogg vorbis playing some loud music) went off on the
wrong day. It was because of this "either-or".

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/