running a job on the 2nd Sunday of each month?

Scott plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:00:05 -0700 (MST)

nah - just change that last * to a 0.  The 5th field is for the day of the
week and 0 is Sunday.  You would end up with a crontab line that looks
something like this:

0 4 8-14 * 0 /path/to/script <any parameters that may be needed>

What Patrick wrote stands - except now cron is checking the day of the
week for you.  If its not somewhere between the 8th and the 14th and its
not a Sunday, the job wont run.

scott