Burning Distros for Installfest

Christopher Bardin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:02:23 -0800 (PST)

Having never been to one of these shindigs I don't see
why copies of different distros need to be made up in
advance.  My computer burns a CD pretty quickly.  I
don't remember exactly but it seems like it took less
than 5 minutes to burn an ISO of Mandrake 9.1 beta
that I downloaded.  It seems to me that it would be
less wasteful to have a few computers on hand with
fast CD burners and the various distros on their hard
drives in ISO format, and simply burn CDs on request.

As I said, I've not been to an installfest so maybe
stacks of CDs of the various distros are the way to
go.  If so, I have an option on a CD duplication
contraption called a Telex Spinwise model 740-CDH.  I
haven't seen it but I'm told it has a hard drive and
seven CD burners and can make up to 90 CDs an hour.
Could it copy Linux distros?  I don't know.

Anybody know anything about it?

Christopher Bardin