Home Security software

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
03 Mar 2003 20:59:18 -0700

--=-/nSX5f8Yt1WFzo2AnHnX

I saw it on TechTV about a month ago while wondering though Ultimate
Electronics for no good reason*.

* Am I the only one who thinks 15 grand is too much for a tv and that
for that money, you might as well get a nice little car (too small for
the TV though) as you'll probably get more use out of the car than the
TV. That is to say the car'll last longer than the TV. My mom's '85
Civic wagon has been running fine since it was bought new in '85 for
~$9000 i think.

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 20:47, der.hans wrote:
> Am 18. Feb, 2003 schw=E4tzte Kurt Granroth so:
>=20
> > The one thing that I've never been able to find even a *hint* of is ima=
ge
> > recognition software that can be used via a remote camera.  What I woul=
> > love is a simple (or not so simple) program that given a head shot (or =
heat
> > signature or profile), could match it to one of a few known images.
>=20
> There was an article about someone who wrote something to recognize his c=
at
> for a pet door. It would keep out birds. It was probably /., but might've
> been Linux Journal. I think it was one or two years ago that I saw it.
>=20
> ciao,
>=20
> der.hans