I'd like some tutoring

Siri Amrit Kaur plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:36:19 +0100

First of all, thanks to everyone who answered.

I have LOTS of excellent books, which I actually DO read, obsessively <gr=
in>.
I'm still having a hard time learning command-line from books. I only
know a few commands; I want to be fluent in a terminal. I haven't found
answers in books for my partitioning and boot loader issues, and believe
me, I've looked. I guess I'm just a slow learner.

I've been using Linux for about 2 1/2 years now: Mandrake, Redhat,
Slackware, Debian, and now Debian as Knoppix. I work hard to problem-solv=
on my own, because I can learn more from solving problems than I can from
a distro where everything is done for me. Really liked Slackware for that=
,
but could never get the hang of it's package system. See, I don't even
understand how to work with a tarball, and I've TRIED! Knoppix is the bes=
t=20
I've used, and I want to get all the bugs worked out and stay with it.

I guess I'm not really a beginner anymore, but somewhere intermediate,
and I feel I could benefit from someone looking over my shoulder for an h=
our=20
or two, showing me stuff.  After months of fighting with configurations, =
I=20
really just want to burn some CD's already!

Peace,
Siri Amrit