Specialty area

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Mar 2003 19:38:39 -0700

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 19:16, Michael Havens wrote:
> Right now it is just schooling. Which area of expertise is not being filled as
> quickly as it needs to be. Or which area is being overlooked by many?
> --
> :-)~Mike~(-:
>
> On Saturday 01 March 2003 04:38 pm, Craig White wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 16:23, Michael Havens wrote:
> > > A long time ago I endured a brain injury and as such, just recently, I
> > > became involved with a state vocational rehabilitation councilor. it was
> > > just after I became involved with this councilor that I started down the
> > > Linux path and told him that I wanted to work in IT with Linux. I was
> > > that with the economy like it is now I need to get training in an area
> > > that isn't flooded with workers. I was hoping that all of you could let
> > > me know what area isn't overloaded with workers who have recently become
> > > unemployed.
> >
> > ------
> > well, I don't think anything in the IT field qualifies at this moment.
> >
> > You might want to take an entry level job with some ISP somewhere if you
> > can get it just to learn whatever you can learn at whatever hourly wage
> > you can get or even volunteer at a non-profit to work on computers.
> >
> > Craig

----
Since sysadmin doesn't fall into this category, I would have to
recommend either...

programming...
- perl
- java
- c
not necessarily in that order and better if you have some proficiency in
all of them

or

database
- oracle
- IBM db
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
with the tool knowledge to create applications and reports
Perhaps the GNUe toolkit might be the ticket here but I doubt the
schools are teaching that yet.

Craig