disto for laptop

Mark Myers plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
01 Mar 2003 16:08:40 -0500

I have tried Knoppix. It didn't run very well on my laptop when I tried
it because I had XP on it and since the partition was NTFS, it didn't
have anywhere to use a swap partition. I believe Knoppix will use a FAT
partition for swap if there is not a native Linux partition present.
I did get Mandrake 9.1 RC1 installed on it and it seems to be running
fine. I think I'll try the Knoppix CD when I get home. It should see the
swap space on the laptop and use it.
Thanks for your help.
Mark