More KDM problems

Aaron Cordova plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 07:05:49 +0000

Now I have Xinitrc set to startkde when I execute startx, but thats not the
problem. When I login using KDM it just gives me a xconsole, I dont want an
xconsole I want it to startkde. I have edidted kdmrc, xsession, and almost
every file found in ~/X11/xdm/ and still when I log in I get the xconsole
and I have to type 'startkde' to get the rest of KDE to load. Also script
dictates where kde looks for artsd, mine is looking for the it in my root
directory, its not there, so no matter who I log in as I get no sound from
KDE or its child programs. XMMS works just fine though :)

So what do I need to do now to get kde to start after I log in?

Aaron Cordova

LFS/Dell Inspiron 8200