George Gambill plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:39:43 -0700

Alan,

Would you be willing to coordinate sponsors once again?  Or, at least, let
us pick your brain?

-----Original Message-----

From: Alan Dayley <alandd@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Next InstallFest

If you want to pull in people from outside the Linux community, and if you
want to get some business sponsorships you must allow AT LEAST 2 months for
publicity and negociations to take place.

And, you can't go to most potential sponsors and say "We are still setting
the time and place so will you be a sponsor?"  The date, time and place must
be finalized at least 2 months ahead of time and THEN we can go get sponsors
and start publishing announcements.

(Quoth Alan, he who has sought sponsors for previous InstallFests.)