COX blocks outbound smtp

Entelin plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
26 Jun 2003 21:01:12 -0700

Well they are trying to keep people from using open relays to send spam.
Of course you can use your own smtp server etc.. but what kills me is
that i used to ssh into my box here at home to do remote tests on
clients servers, namely smtp servers :P so cant do that anymore, not to
mention that it pollutes my nmap lookups from here, now every host lists
smtp as being filtered, which is of course correct, just annoying. So
now I just have to use my server down at inflow instead, oh well. cox
sux.