KDE theme help

napalm plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:19:22 -0700

Hello all.

I've been lurking for the past few days, and so far I'm learning a lot by=
=20
reading the archives. I've been having some trouble lately with KDE's the=
me=20
manager and I was hoping someone could give some free advice.

I'm using KDE 3.0 under Mandrake 9.0, and I recently installed a theme fr=
om=20
freshmeat to play around with. Now the problem is, I don't seem to be abl=
e to=20
UNinstall the damn thing. It also appears that all the themes that came=20
packaged with KDE don't work either.

The main issue seems to be that the KDE thememanager for whatever reason =
is=20
not finding the *.kthemerc files. I can browse for those files through th=
e=20
manager, and see the file in the directory, but every time I select the f=
ile=20
the thememanager says "Could not load theme". If I try and select an alre=
ady=20
installed theme in the list on the left, the message says "Theme does not=
=20
contain a .themerc nor a .theme file".

I checked on KDE's site, and did some other searches throughout the web, =
but I=20
didn't really find anything that described my problem.

Any ideas?