helper applications / plug-ins for Mozilla

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
24 Jun 2003 08:31:21 -0700

trying to play movies in Mozilla (1.2.1) (fwiw RH9)

I have mplayer and xine installed and they both work - xine seems to
stand alone whereas mplayer seems to play content within Mozilla.

I cannot seem to get application/x-mplayer2 stuff to play and I have
tried both xine & mplayer but mozilla just shows the plug-in symbol.

Any suggestions? I also have realplayer 8 installed but I'm not sure
that the plug-in is right.

# ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla-1.2.1/plugins
total 1464
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          856 Apr 16 17:25 flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1470464 Apr 16 17:25
libflashplayer.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        18744 Feb 25 15:14 libnullplugin.so

Anything I can do to make things work better?

Craig