Traffic Tickets Was: Fw: Attack of the Killer RIAA FUD App (Was Re: know people in .ut.us?)

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Jun 2003 09:02:49 -0700

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 07:43, Derek Neighbors wrote

 snip

> In the same way if people are downloading music like mad and violating
> copyright.  This tells me there is something wrong with music
> distribution schemes and copyright law.  We don't need a way to 'big
> brother' the public, we need to fix the problems in distribution and
> copyright law.

  I believe it no different than taping a movie from pay per view, it is
legal to record for your own use, not to redistribute.

  Had napster paid royalties this would have been a non-issue.

  Licensed software, of course, is somewhat different.

  Just my $.02 worth.

  FrankM