Mailing list software recommendation?

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
22 Jun 2003 08:03:08 -0700

--=-JBs2J4UkGedWYbXknmbx

On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 02:44, der.hans wrote:
> Am 21. Jun, 2003 schw=E4tzte Kevin Brown so:
>=20
> > All mail must look like it is coming from the PR employees email addres=
> > All mail must seem to be going to just the recipient (makes the email
> > look like a personal mail)

> Does the body of the message need to be different based on recipient? If =
so,
> it's time to replace the employee with a small shell script... :).
>=20
> There's also mail-merge in OpenOffice.org.

GNUe Reports has a killer mailmerge feature that works with virtually
any database.  Not only that it lets you directly from the report engine
shove to almost any output.  (including email and fax server)

So if there are PR type letters, they can be made 'custom' based on your
customer database.  Then sent oodles of email addresses or faxes.

Another thing I have done on this in the past that eats more CPU cycles
but tends to do very well as not being spam, is used a php or python
script.  It connects to the email address database and constructs the
email just like a mailer would and sends each mail individually.=20

--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnuenterprise.org