mino howto for email issue -> a couple things

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:01:26 -0500

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 07:07:09PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
/_
/_When using rdr, you need to make sure that the packets also pass based on
/_your other rules.
/_

In order to simplify troubleshooting, I made sure I did: 'pfctl -Fr'
Therefore, pf was not filtering at that point.

/_Also, don't use "from any" but use your own network. You don't want to
/_redirect for outside incoming to port 25. (Use "from $int_net".)
/_

/_And you don't need the final "port 25".
/_
I don't think that would keep it from working.

/_Also do you have sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding set to 1 (in
/_/etc/sysctl.conf, for example).
This is my firewall, with some other rdr's and nat as well.
I thought I was farily proficient with pf until today :-)

/_
/_What do your filter stats and counters show?
nothing interesting.

I can get this box to correctly send mail as I
have m4'd a new .cf file (I knew I liked qmail for a reason),
and all my mail gets delivered correctly. I only use
sendmail on here to deliever my cron reports each day
to another account (via a .forward).

This does not work as expected.
rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from $int_net to any port 25 -> smtp.west.cox.net

-mike